[x] Main Menu

Main Pages

Forums & Pictures

Find Out

About Us

Surveys & Archive

Members options

Personal

Do most people seek the truth and speak honestly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index The Peanut Gallery

Are you scared to swear to seek the truth and speak honestly in Public?
No?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Dan
Site Admin

PostPost subject: Do most people seek the truth and speak honestly?
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:44 am

Since the purpose of the N1CL is to find out who among us is willing to swear in public that they honestly seek the truth; this public test is starting to surprise me. I would have thought there were more of us. However, we have not been at it that long and it is a revolutionary idea.

SOME QUESTIONS

You get to speak anonymously in these Public Forums so why do you think a seemingly large percentage of people are not willing to do a "scouts honor" public oath?

Are we fearful? I think a lot of us are.

Does the question make you look inside yourself and you are not sure of what you see?
We all lie to ourselves sometimes. Some more than others. That 'swearing' confronts this lying directly. That is uncomfortable, maybe that is why that agreement was done last a few months ago, instead of first as it should of been.

Without the internet, it was not possible to do before; so is it the newness of the idea? Human nature, with good reason looks strange new things over carefully; new has to be smelled, poked, looked at from all angles. A good survival trait. A big part of it, I think.

In the end, does it boil down to being willing to "Love thy neighbor as thyself?
In the Catholic catechism, the first question is, "What is God?", the answer, "God is everything.". Christ said there are no two commandments greater than these, "Love God with all your heart and soul." Since you are part of everything, that must mean love yourself with all your heart and soul. Christ's second commandment was, "Love your neighbor as yourself." They are part of everything too = part of God.

I think speaking honestly and seeking the truth is part of "Love thy neighbor as thyself."; what about you?

I am sure there are other reasons, perhaps some of you can suggest them.

Anonymous comments please; or you can put your name on them as you please..

Dan Alter

Last edited by Dan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dan
Site Admin

PostPost subject: Re: Do most people seek the truth and speak honestly?
Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:23 pm

A fair percentage of us don't. Most so called conservatives, at least the ones I hear call in on progressive radio never seem to have their facts straight. Inevitably when challenged about a fact not being true, they literally ignore the disagreement.

As for the Progressives, they do the same thing, both ignore facts that contradict what they say.

Classic three monkey society behavior.

Not everyone is like that, but way too many are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index The Peanut Gallery
Page 1 of 1