[x] Main Menu

Main Pages

Forums & Pictures

Find Out

About Us

Surveys & Archive

Members options

Personal

#1: 2020-11-07 On using GRACE to measure Gravity speed from Sun. Author: DanLocation: USA : Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:05 pm
    ----
2020-11-07, 12-28-19, 2-15-18 edits,

Grace will not work. It is not precise enough. The tidal gauges are precise enough and we
have a long term tidal gauge database we can use going back many years(how many?).

2014-11-16 This topic shows where I started from in trying to measure instant G. John Ries at Grace argued with me, rightly asserting that my proposed method below could not work because Grace was too imprecise. Through this back and forth he came up with critical observation showing G moved FTL,which was instrumental in my figuring out the four tests proposed in this topic. Four tests proving G moves from c to instant & implications.

I proposed we use the Grace data to measure when the Solar Tidal Bulge is raised by the Sun's gravity with respect to instantaneous G propagation.

GRACE stands for Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment. It is a pair of satellites that, As the two satellites orbit the Earth about 220 km apart, their MWAs(Micro Wave Antennas) continuously communicate with each other by transmitting and receiving microwave signals, from which they derive a signal that reflects tiny changes, as small as one-tenth the width of a human hair, in the distance between the satellites. Subsequent processing of the data computes the small local gravity variations that cause these distance changes, over time leading to GRACE’s highly detailed gravity maps of the Earth," Prof. van Ommering said. GRACE has detailed data going back to 2002.

When gravity propagates at c, there will be approximately an 8 minute and 40 second delay from instantaneous G propagation. My theoretical prediction says at 93 million miles G will propagate faster than light by about 1/2% or less. There is a ratio between parts of our universe's basic geometry, a Moebius Strip, that predicts the logarithmic increase in G speed from c adjacent to the distance G goes instantaneous between two masses.

I credit my idea for a precisely predictable transition zone between instantaneous G propagation and at c nearby to Prof. Lisa Randall (Harvard), and Prof. Raman Sundrum (Univ of Maryland) for their hypothesis that a two sided surface(Branes) universe required G to propagate instantaneously far away and at c nearby.

Instantaneous transmission of location between all masses is logically required to maintain a conserved universe = simultaneous NOW, but for change to occur we need a limited speed part of the space/time surface where G propagates from less than instantaneous down to c. Again a Moebius Strip Geometry can explain how this is causally done.

I had postulated with Newton that G propagated instantaneously, yet as Einstein said, "The speed of light keeps things from happening all at the same time.". A conundrum that a transition zone eliminates.

I got the idea for how to measure this transition zone from this paper published in China on 2012-12-28, "By applying the new data to the propagation equation of gravity, the team found that the speed of gravity is about 0.93 to 1.05 times the speed of light with a relative error of about 5 percent, providing the first set of strong evidence showing that gravity travels at the speed of light.". They used six observations from ground stations. Chinese scientists find evidence for speed of Gravity.

Given how the Chinese scientists did their measurements, GRACE became an obvious candidate to refine Gravity propagation speed measurements more precisely.

Proposed method for refining GRACE and ground station measurements:

1. We need to know when Grace has passed over the Solar Tidal Bulge(STB) on the deep ocean or solid Arctic and Antarctic ice cover(wouldn't the ice dampen or minimize wind and current effects? Don't we measure ice drift with other satellites daily?)

a. calculate where the STB should be when G propagates at c for each GRACE passage over a STB by using the exact orbital radius for Earth at that Date/time,
b. calculate center of STB for each GRACE passage over one,
c. modify each STB passage by any known effects known with 90% plus certainty, i.e. a steady current, trade winds, etc.

2. Measure as many GRACE passages over a STB as possible, hopefully a thousand plus, and do an average. These should converge on a precise time that G takes to propagate from the Sun.

Why is measuring G important?

1. Given we measure a FTL G propagation from the Sun, then this will be a strong confirmation we live within a Moebius Strip Geometry universe, a two sided surface, i.e. two Branes.

2. We thus can explain where the Dark matter and energy is, where the 50% anti-matter our base physics equations require, and why the universe is expanding among many other presently unexplained observations. Eleven observations present science can not explain.

3. It will greatly expand our theoretical understanding of how our universe works, leading immediately to a GUT because we now can tie Gravity into the other three basic forces, electro-magnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces.

4. One immediate implication of verified FTL gravity is that it implies that we can do FTL interplanetary and star travel within constraints quickly. We will be able to see the interaction between frequencies we had not known how to see before.

Last edited by Dan on Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:12 am; edited 3 times in total

-> n1cl-1 Dan Alter's forum